— February 25 , 2021
We missed our opportunity to connect with you this year at our usual SFA parent meetings. Your support and commitment to our school are truly a blessing and we are so grateful for the ways that you continue to partner with administration and staff to provide the wonderful educational opportunity our children have at St. Joseph’s.
As February comes to an end, the SFA board transitions to its new members. We welcome those who will offer their time and talents to serve on the 2021-2022 board. Although this school year has looked different and been challenging in numerous ways one thing has remained constant, HOPE.
"Hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us"-Romans 5:5
What a fitting theme HOPE has been for the school community this year. With so many unknowns and changes, we have remained hopeful throughout and HOPE truly has prevailed. For that we are filled with gratitude and give thanks to God.
The SFA board wanted to take the opportunity to provide an update on how the funds raised from the 2020 Walk for Christ have been or will be distributed.
* $5000 -Student scholarship and leadership funds
* $18,000 Replace and add new whiteboards to classrooms
* $24,000 New lunchroom tables-these were delivered early February and are being enjoyed daily by the students. A combination of round and rectangular tables now fill the lunchroom.
-Painting of the entire lunchroom and bathrooms will occur this summer to give the entire space an updated look.
* $30,000+ Computer room remodel: phase 1 to include at minimum new tables and desks to match Science Room renovation design.
* $45,000 Provided to directly support technology fees (see the PDF below)
We would again like to thank our school community as none of this would be possible without the unwavering support from all those that donated to Walk for Christ.
The 2020-2021 SFA Board